Our Vision and School Aims
At Urchfont, our vision is that children, staff and the wider community work in partnership to provide an outstanding, nuturing environment where children can develop their creativity and values, are self motivated and learn to be independent as they reach their full potential and take their place in the world.
Our Aims are :-
- For children to respect, support and value each other in a friendly nurturing environment where they feel secure and where Christian values are central to the ethos of the school
- To encourage children’s confidence and self-esteem helping them to become positive role models for our ever changing society
- To be an inclusive school where every child is given equality of opportunity and treated fairly in order to fulfil their potential through a relevant, stimulating and creative curriculum
- To promote excellent standards of achievement by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality
- To develop a partnership which involves parents and the community in the life of the school.
Through these aims we hope to create a friendly family atmosphere where children are encouraged to have a caring and responsible attitude towards each other and a respect for property belonging to other indiviuals and the community.
We hold certain values central to our beliefs and work hard with our parents to instill these in our children. They are:-
- Respect for people and property
- Making a positive contribution to society
- Independence and self motivation
- Responsibility for our own actions
Everyone at Urchfont School is expected to:
- be responsible for their own behaviour
- respect the rights of others
- share our values.