We are looking for a One to One Teaching Assistant to join the staff team at Urchfont CE Primary School from January 2024. While this post will be associated with an individual named pupil, you may at any time be required to work with any pupil within the school.
We invite applications from candidates who:
- Is flexible and able to work collaboratively with other members of staff
- Is an excellent communicator committed to being part of an effective team within the whole school community
- Is patient and understanding when working with children
- Is self-motivated and reliable
- Has excellent behaviour management skills
- Has a willingness to undertake training
- Is enthusiastic with a good sense of humour
Ideally, you will also have some experience of working with a pupil with complex needs but training will be given if not.
This post is for 21.25 hours in total split as follows: 13.75 hours in the Teaching Assistant role (Grade E) and 7.5 hours as MDSA (Grade B). Deadline for applications: Sunday 18th February 2024 (midnight).
Vacancies when they arise will be advertised here and on the Wiltshire Council Career Site.
Urchfont Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to the nature of this position the successful applicant will be required to apply for a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. Disclosure will contain details of formal cautions, reprimands and final warnings, as well as convictions. The school will arrange for the disclosure on your behalf and will pay the necessary fee. Having a criminal conviction will not automatically exclude you from employment. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of the offence committed