Early Help Offer
We consider ourselves a caring, nurturing school and fully understand that family life does not always run smoothly. We recognise that from time to time you may need a little extra support or help.
We are committed to the safeguarding of all our children. The purpose of our Early Help Offer is to provide the right kind of support for families at the right time, to achieve change that lasts. We can help you to identify any problems quickly and work with you to prevent the problem reaching crisis point.
There are many ways in which we can support you so, if ever things are not right at home, do come and talk to us. We aim to provide support that considers the needs of the whole family.
What does our Early Help Offer include?
Support might be short or long-term but will always be tailored to meet the needs of you and your family.
Areas of support might include:
- Support and advice during difficult periods i.e., illness, bereavement, financial worries, and domestic issues
- Support for parents in multi-agency meetings.
- Assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g., Disability Living Allowance, housing, and benefits.
- Parent Support Advisor available once per week.
- Pre-loved uniform
- Support getting your child into school.
- Adult Education and Family Learning courses.
- Attendance monitoring with regular meetings. These aim to improve attendance and punctuality.
- Signposting to other services in the local area/community.
All support given is confidential, however, any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding Policy.
- After-school clubs with a variety of activities offered.
- Speech and Language Intervention
What should I do if I am worried or have a problem? Please contact us if you have any problems affecting your child(ren). Usually raising awareness with the class teacher resolves many issues.